BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE.
As of July 15th, 2021, Alpaca Expeditions officially restarted all of our operations. Operating all routes offered, including the Inca Trail, we implemented all the required biosafety protocols to operate all of our services in the most efficient and safest manner possible, given the current pandemic context.
In this new year of 2022, our goal is to continue offering and operating all of our services to the best of standards; following all the health restrictions and regulations imposed by the Peruvian Government. Our mission is to ensure your safety during your time with us.
RESERVATIONS FOR 2022
All treks and tours are open for reservations for 2022. This includes our bestselling INCA TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU!
Booking with us is as easy as ever too! All your reservation is processed online via our booking system. To book, we will only require your travel information and your booking deposit to secure all permits, and entry tickets.
WE ARE A SafeTravels OPERATOR
In ensuring the health and safety of our travelers and staff, we have worked hard to obtain our SafeTravel stamp. In doing so, we have implemented the SafeTravels health and hygiene global standardized protocols. We can guarantee all of the following protocols during your services with us:
- At our office, hand-washing and temperature control are mandatory for both our staff and clients. For this reason, we have the facilities for hand washing and temperature reading. We also provide alcohol and hand sanitizer to disinfect our client’s hands.
- All of our staff including office staff, guides, porters, cooks, and drivers went through a COVID-19 molecular discard test before being able to work.
- All of our staff including guides and porters are fully vaccinated against the Covid-19.
- The use of masks is mandatory for both staff and passengers as per government mandate.
- The 1.5 m social distancing minimum between each person is respected and enforced in our offices and out during any of our services.
- Alpaca Expeditions guides carry a personal first-aid kit including masks, gloves, thermometers, etc. at all times.
- All of our vehicles are disinfected following the biosecurity protocols stipulated by the Health Ministry in Peru before and after every service.
- All of our vehicles are equipped with extra masks, hand sanitizer, and a first-aid kit with oxygen masks, in case any of our clients need them.
- Our vehicle capacity is 50% to respect the social distancing requirements.
- All of our tour services are operated in a limited capacity. Our groups do not exceed 12 travelers per group.
ASSISTANCE WITH COVID TESTING
Our team is able to aid you in obtaining a Covid test during your travels with us and prior to your return home. This is a seamless, hassle-free process for you as we take care of the details!
CANCELLING YOUR RESERVATION WITH US
As per our booking terms and conditions, all of our services require a booking deposit per person. This booking deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable under most circumstances. However, given the current context, we understand cancellations may be unexpected and out of your control. For this reason, our team is prepared to:
- Accommodate travel modifications resulting from Covid sickness. In such cases, we will not refund your booking deposit BUT will try our best to rebook your services with us depending on the availability of permits, entry tickets, transportation, accommodations, and any other service outside of our control.
- REFUND your booking deposit ONLY in the event of Peruvian border closures. In this case, the Peruvian authorities will facilitate the postponing of travel itineraries.
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS & REQUIREMENTS IN PERU
CURRENT TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN PERU - UPDATED JANUARY 2022
All mandatory quarantine requirements for international travelers have been lifted in Peru. The Jorge Chavez International Airport is also open to all international flights.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BY AIR
All international travelers 12 years of age or older entering Peruvian territory MUST present ONE of the following:
- Proof of being fully vaccinated 14 days prior to their entry to Peru.
- Molecular test with negative results (within 72 hours) prior to boarding an incoming flight to Peru if not fully vaccinated.
It is important to note that:
- Travelers under 12 years of age must only be asymptomatic prior to boarding an incoming flight to Peru.
- Entry of non-resident foreigners from South Africa and Botswana is suspended until January 16th, 2022. This also applies to travelers who have stopped in these places in the last 14 days prior to their travels to Peru.
Also, know that you will be required to complete a Traveler’s Electronic Health Affidavit and Geolocation Authorization prior to your entry to Peru (within 72 hours before your trip.). The required affidavit can be found here.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BY LAND
At this time, all land borders with Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Chile, and Brazil are closed. International land transportation is not allowed in these countries. Travelers from these countries must book a flight to Lima first then a domestic flight to any province in Peru.
DOMESTIC TRAVEL BY LAND & AIR
If you are planning to travel within Peru during your stay, you will be required to present ONE of the following:
- Proof of vaccination is required at the time of boarding any interprovincial commercial transportation
- A molecular test with a negative result (within 72 hours) prior to boarding your interprovincial commercial transportation.
Covid-19 testing requirements for domestic air travel are no longer in effect.
DURING YOUR STAY IN PERU
The Peruvian government extended the Covid-19 health emergency until March 1st, 2022. Regional alert levels and movement restrictions are also being extended, reevaluated, and adjusted every two weeks. Under these measures, all regions in Peru are categorized as Moderate, High, Very High, or Extreme, with corresponding levels of restrictions.
As a responsible tour operator, we recommend all travelers to travel responsibly and follow all Peruvian lockdown measures at all times. In doing so, please know that
- All adults over the age of 18 must show proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination to enter closed spaces (e.g. restaurants, shopping centers, museums, trains to Machu Picchu etc.). This can be done by showing a physical or virtual vaccination card.
- KN95 masks are required at all times when in public spaces. If you do not have a KN95, double masking is mandatory, with one of the masks being a surgical mask, the other can either be cloth or surgical.
- Curfew measures are still in place all throughout Peru. In most provinces, immobilization is in force from 11:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. No vehicles or foot traffic are allowed during this time.
This page will be updated with relevant information as often as needed. Your health and safety during your travels in Peru are our priority. We wish to provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding travel restrictions and regulations in Peru.
Alpaca Expeditions Recognitions
ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
In the pursuit to stand out from the rest, Alpaca Expeditions has obtained four ISOs plus our carbon footprint certificate to date. These achievements result from our efforts to implement the internationally-recognized integrated management system. They also represent our commitment to all of our clients and staff of operating sustainability and responsibility in every way possible.