DEVOTED TO OUR COMMUNITY
The owner of Alpaca Expeditions has worked almost every job related to Peruvian tourism: office worker, porter and guide. He has an appreciation for how difficult each job is and created Alpaca to make a difference. Our commitment to our team is unfortunately very unique in Cusco, but something we have the most pride in.
- Proper salaries – Everyone on our team receive livable wages above what most companies pay. We take the job of making sure our team has a better life very seriously and this is the most fundamental step in doing so.
- Healthcare – Not only does everyone on our team receive healthcare, we also have a medical doctor on staff dedicated to our porters.
- Free uniforms – We supply everything our guides, chefs and porters need including warm jackets, hiking boots, tents, sleeping bags and all the food they can eat.
- Equality – We believe that all our Jobs should be available to the most passionate and dedicated workers available no matter if they are men or women. We have been lucky enough to have women as guides for many years, but it wasn’t until 2017 that we had our first female porters work our treks. They have taught us more than we ever imagined. Not just how strong women can be, but their ability to work as a team and multi task has been inspiring to our male porters as well, making them all better. You will never see an Alpaca Expeditions porter without a smile on their face – which means the world to us. We hope we can continue hiring more women and our company is 50/50 one day.
- Families count – We are dedicated to our teams entire Family, trying to do social projects every month that truly impact their life. From providing teachers at the local school, bringing doctors and dentists to visit the entire village, planting trees and treating them like our VIP clients on the best Inca and Machu Picchu tour.
We hope to inspire passion for Travel, for Peru, for the Incas and for our culture on every trip we do. Our home is your adventure and we really hope this is your best one yet.